Hi folks,

I have an installer (MSI) with a bootstrapper, installs and uninstalls
perfectly
The GUID is set to * and the upgrade code is the same each build. (the
version of the MSI/Bootstrapper and binaries that we are installing is
15.1.4.x)

To test that an Upgrade will work, I have built our binaries that we install
with an incremented version i.e. 15.2.4.x

so that is a Major upgrade since GUID has changed (each build) and the 2nd
version number has changed.

I install the "old" installer, then upgrade to the "new" installer, and it
works perfectly...

The only issue is that the "old" installer is still listed in Programs and
Features with the "new" installer

I have looked at the Bootstrapper bundle.wxs and the product.wxs for the MSI
to see if any thing is out of place and I can't see anything...

any idea what would cause this?

BTW I have other products and the upgrade works fine without any issues, as
what I had expected this installer to do as well....

Cheers,

Steve
Using WIX 3.8