http://robmensching.com/blog/posts/2010/5/2/the-wix-toolsets-remember-property-pattern/

From: Joseph L. Casale [mailto:jcas...@activenetwerx.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2015 1:06 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] ServiceInstall/ServiceControl name attribute
restrictions

Trying that again...

When I pass a variable reference such as "[FOO]_[BAR]" to the name attribute of
both a ServiceInstall and ServiceControl element the package installs fine
however when uninstalling the service is left running without being stopped and
removed. When I pass a literal string, the package uninstalls fine.

The docs do not indicate any restrictions, does anyone know of any reason this
may occur?

Thanks,
jlc