I had not defined BUNDLEPROVIDERKEY in my MSI *but* I was just trying to
verify that the data was passed from the bootstrapper to the MSI by
checking the bootstrapper and MSI logs.

In the bootstrapper log I see

[0BE4:13F4][2015-03-26T11:43:52]i301: Applying execute package:
projectName.msi, action: Install, path: C:\ProgramData\Package
Cache\{GUID}v1.0.0.0\projectMSI.msi, arguments: ' ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT="1"
MSIFASTINSTALL="7" BUNDLEPROVIDERKEY=""'

In the MSI log I see

MSI (s) (A0:7C) [11:43:52:776]: Command Line: ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT=1
MSIFASTINSTALL=7 BUNDLEPROVIDERKEY= REBOOT=ReallySuppress
CURRENTDIRECTORY=D:\Projects\solution\bootstrapper\bin\Debug
CLIENTUILEVEL=3 MSICLIENTUSESEXTERNALUI=1 CLIENTPROCESSID=3044

So it looks like the bootstrapper is not passing BUNDLEPROVIDERKEY to the
MSI at all.

My first attempt was with WiX 3.8 but I just upgraded to WiX 3.9 and I see
the same behavior.

Edwin G. Castro