IIRC, there is a feature request open for that.

From: Marco Tognacci [mailto:mark...@live.it]
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:55 PM
To: WiX - users
Subject: [WiX-users] Detect condition for a Burn Package ?

I have a Burn package (setup1.exe) that have an UpgradeCode={GUID}I have used
this exe package inside another Burn setup (setup2.exe), in this package I need
to  get the DetectCondition for the firt package (setup1.exe) is there any way
to get this condition?
<util:ProductSearch UpgradeCode="XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
Variable="Setup1_Installed" Result="state"/> I have tried this but it report
Setup1_Installed = 2 as not installed even if it is really installed,I have
read that this ProductSearch is only for the msi package, is right?
I have search on the registry the UpgradeCode and it appear in the Uninstall
section in a variable BundleUpgradeCode, But I don't know how to check it as it
is under a GUID code that is auto genrated during setup of the setup1.exe Any
way for doing this?Thanks