From: Gareth Price [mailto:gar...@genpoint.co.za]
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 12:21
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] allowing user to set firewall exception port number

Hi

I am still new to wix and am having trouble working out how I can do this, if
anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful!

I am building a custom installer using wix wpf and would like my users to enter
in a firewall port, creating the UI has not been a problem and I have found
that I can use a string variable to set the required  port number as follows:

BootStrapper.Engine.StringVariables["port"] = "3000";
BootStrapper.Engine.Plan(Wix.LaunchAction.Install);

>From here im not sure how to set my firewall exception in my components.wxs
>file, do I set an MsiProperty in my bundle.wxs file? If so then how do I
>access that property from components.wxs ?

Thanks
Gareth