From: Jiri Tomek [mailto:katu...@volny.cz]
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 1:48 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Burn: how to elevate BA? (Manifest for Burn
Bootstrapper [Continue])

It's not fixed key. I use bootstrapper to gather various configuration
information from user which are then used to configure product and not all of
then are passed to MSIs. Adding logic to MSI to be able to get this information
via MSI properties, parse it and then store it in registry is just unreasonably
complex compared to few lines in .NET code in BS.
What I ended up doing is that I detect requirement for elevation in BS and I
let BS start itself as elevated process using "runas" verb. I feel really bad
about it but so far that is far more maintainable than pushing logic to MSI
custom actions.