Patchwiz or Pure WiX style?
From: Nir Bar [nir....@panel-sw.com]
Sent: June 28, 2015 6:34 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Patching a product without ProductVersion property

We have a legacy product that was distributed without ProductVersion authored
into the MSI.
I don't know how this was done, since ProductVersion is a required property;
however I can only fix that in future major-upgrade releases.

The problem now is that we want to deliver a patch package for this product.
Building the patch fails because the base is missing the ProductVersion.

Is there any way to work around that?

Thanks,
Nir.

-----
Nir Bar
Freelance Developer
Mail: nir....@panel-sw.com
Web: www.panel-sw.com
   - C++ On Windows, Linux and Embedded Platforms
   - WiX & InstallShield