I know this isn't really specifically WiX related, but I also know you guys
know lots of MSI and installer stuff.

I'm seeing references to 32-bit MSIs vs. 64-bit MSIs.

Is there actually something inherently architecture-related about an MSI,
or is it just a matter of the 32/64 nature of the programs it installs?

I could see it getting messy figuring out which part of the registry to put
stuff in for 32 vs. 64 bit programs on a 64-bit platform, so I guess
Windows Installer would need to know where to do registry entries. But how
does it tell?

Thanks!