Hi,

I have a single bundle.wxs I use when I’m creating either a 64-bit and a 32-bit
installer for my app.  In my Chain, I have:

        <ExePackage SourceFile="$(var.KarteDir)\install\win\vcredist_x64.exe"
PerMachine="yes" Permanent="yes" Vital="yes" Compressed="yes"
InstallCommand="/quiet /norestart" InstallCondition="VersionNT64"/>
        <ExePackage SourceFile="$(var.KarteDir)\install\win\vcredist_x86.exe"
PerMachine="yes" Permanent="yes" Vital="yes" Compressed="yes"
InstallCommand="/quiet /norestart" InstallCondition="NOT VersionNT64"/>

So, the InstallCondition is checking the hardware my users are installing on to
see which vcredist to install.  Instead, I want the InstallCondition to decide
which vcredist to install based on whether the installer is build as 32 or 64
bit.  That way my users can install the 32-bit version of my app on a 64-bit OS
if they want.

I have a variable I pass in to the bundle that is set to either “x86” or “x64”.
 But I can’t figure out the syntax for how to use that variable in the
InstallCondition for the vcredist’s, or how to create a boolean variable (e.g.,
Bundle_is_x64) that I can set based on the value of the string variable I pass
in.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  Or maybe there’s a better way
than using my own variable?

Thanks
David