Did you file your Feature request  here <http://wixtoolset.org/issues/>  ?

Did you consider using a "addon" bundle?  I currently create a bundle with
A, B, and C.  Then later I create another bundle with D (which releases on a
different schedule).  (And much later again I can add D into the original
base bundle and not need the 'addon' bundle anymore.).

In the 'base' bundle I have:
<RelatedBundle Action='Detect' Id='A_GUID_Used_To_ID_This_Base_Bundle' />
(as a matter of practice I add the above to every bundle I produce, whether
I plan to create an addon or not.)

Then in the "addon" bundle I have:
    <RelatedBundle Action='Addon'
Id='The_Same_GUID_Used_To_ID_The_Base_Bundle' />

I did not need to add any code to the mba, although there are handlers if
you need to do something special.  Once the 'Addon' bundle is installed it
becomes a part of the base bundle and is uninstalled or repaired as part of
that base bundle.  Using the RelatedBundle element seems like a simple
solution to what you are trying to achieve.