Jerry D. Russell wrote:
Has the option to enable/disable Gzip compression been removed from 2.5? In 2.3 it was located on the Options -->Reading Tab, but I find no mention of it anywhere under Settings in 2.5. I use a plugin designed to mask certain posts from my RSS feeds, and it will not work with GZip Enabled (I have no idea why, I haven't had the time to look over the code.) If there is no option to turn of compression, I'm going to need to find a new solution for masking certain posts from general broadcast

You can try something like:

if ( ! ini_get('zlib.output_compression') {
 ...no compression enabled...
}