To all,

Please disregard problem #3 in my original post. Clicking on "Save Menu" at the top of the sidebar after changes are made does save the new menu configuration. Just by habit I expect either a "Save Changes" type button at the bottom of the page or, like the Widgets page, have any changes save automatically as soon as there made. I realize that's a mistake on my part and I should have checked more closely

Numbers 1 and 2 are still valid although I was able to clear the board so to speak and redo my menus as before.

Happy bug hunting.