Am 26.10.2012 22:07, schrieb Carlos R. Pasqualini:

yes, but you put it on another package's dependencies...
i want a way to say 'libreoffice conflicts with msoffice' in the
libreoffice package definition, and 'msoffice conflicts with
libreoffice' on the msoffice definition.

So the check might be moved one level up into the profile and the package is only added if the other office suite isn't installed.

what if i make a mistake when i'm selecting packages in the profile and
selecting two conflicting packages? (very possible when we have profiles
dependencies specified on different files).
Having a conflict statement on the package definition level will reduce
having troubles on user's machines.

I wouldn't deploy two office suites in one environment, at least there should be a difference between departments.

What is the scenario that you envision?

I would think about starting to manage hosts that have already software installed, which would result in such a situation.

You may just want to introduce a package "OfficeSuites", where you include the appropriate office suites based on conditions.
Packages depending on office suites would depend on this particular package.

This is how I manage Java dependencies/inclusions and PDF readers, for instance.

This way you will never apply two office suites to one host.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: