http://www.lawrimoreproject.com/

i liked the work from lead pencil studio.
when i was a teenager my friends and i had a fort we built
inside a v-shaped pair of billboards on the side of a highway.
I call it "fort," but it was more like a hideout.

it stayed there for many years until some kid got up in there
and started taking pot-shots w/ a .22 at the cars on the highway
using it like a human hunting blind. I don't think anyone got hurt,
but the police tore out our fort.

http://www.lawrimoreproject.com/leadpencilstudio.html1.html

Laurie Anderson was great last night.
2nd row in the orchestra pit!
Interesting discussion of her time spent as the 1st
and last artist in residence at Nasa.

she also made reference to the literary and biological grotesque
in several oblique ways. One was about a dream she had of a two-headed calf
saying hello to her in a dream, and another was a kind of almost ETA
Hoffmanesque
tale of a tree climbing telephone man who didnt work for the telephone company.
this was all following on her circuitous route to 911 which went through the
image
of a Turkey buzzard "calculating" the weight of her little dog..

Earlier that evening

http://www.pica.org/tba/tba06/detail.aspx?eventid=67

The show on Vietnamese birth defects and the innocent victims of our poisonings following our lovely war there made me cry and Kara nearly vomitted.
but then we got eroticized watching Marina Abramovic's Balkan sexything
movies.. some of this based in real ritual.
http://www.pica.org/tba/tba06/detail.aspx?eventid=63
http://www.pica.org/tba/tba06/detail.aspx?eventid=45

Then we met a German performance art group (I forget their name!) and I had my Chakra fixed by Apollo/Ra and the Dionysius/Bike Messenger.
To thank them I read them a few lines I had had Kara transcribe on the way to
the show that had been rolling around
in my head for two days. I also showed Apollo my 15th Century carnival badge I wear on my green 100% Hemp fibre Lenin cap
which depicts a fish faced man peeing into a butter churner while he churns it,
and both he and the churner are riding
a giant fish like a surfboard. Here's the lines I pronounced upon the German
Apollo/Dionysius:

Oh, the endless, ageless bliss which
speaks its labyrinthine name
through these shattered monsters!

Let it
laurel our Seizurina
of imperator air!

They both liked it and asked me who had written it. I told them my Ford truck
had written it
in my mind as I drove to work one evening which seemed to make them chuckle.
Dionysus
was smoking incense through a giant hookah.

We went and watched a Theo Angell film which for a while became my favorite art
film ever.
So good! Like a cross between Jodorowsky and Beuys.. A very odd and good use of
video compositing..
I would certainly like to have the knowledge to use whatever it was he used,
Avid, etc..
The dialogue was presnted like poetry onscreen, like a comic strip as well..

http://www.pica.org/tba/tba06/detail.aspx?eventid=46

What's funny late last nigt I put on Barbarella,
and still just love it, when she salutes her president
and just says,

"Love.."

Love (Kara rolled her eyes..)

Love (whatever, I don't)

I'd certainly rather have flower power, than generations of
horribly deformed Iraqi's to look at..

Apollo was all painted gold
and had a baseball cap with the eye of Ra
and he was smoking a cigarette.
Maybe even Divinity has a few bad habits..

This is my Apollo. He's just a working joe.
He offerened me some bread and wine,
but I was already full on Tandoori chicken and saag
and a Kingfisher beer.

http://www.pica.org/

I'll say it again and make a little hyle itlure

"Love"