Allen Bramhall:

Thanks for reading, and your comments.

Sheila Murphy asked me to write about my take-offs on John's poems about a year
ago, and I could think of nothing to say, other than that it was "fun" to do
so.

In the same way I don't know how to review your book.  My mind does not seem to
work that way anymore.  Gertrude Stein has destroyed my brain, and turned me in
a different direction.  It's not what the words mean, or even how they sound,
but simply the words themselves:
squirm, flatter, senile, wring, odious, thwart, writhing, roving, poultice,
billowy, avail, pinions, anew, hoarfrost, tint, diadem, smother, breastplate,
nosegay, catapult, winnow, flinty, belch, niche.  There are millions of 'em, it
seems.  "O my soul, praise the Lord."

Best, blessings, peace,

Bob BrueckL