One Person Can Make A Difference -

Jeannie Opdyke Smith

November 14, 6:30 - 8:00pm  | Auntie's Bookstore, Spokane

Jeannie Opdyke Smith, daughter of Polish rescuer Irene Gut Opdyke, shares
her mother's story as a Polish rescuer during the Holocaust. Irene Gut
Opdyke was named one of the Righteous Among the Nations, a title given to
those who risked their lives to save Jewish people during the Holocaust. Her
story can be read in the memoir, In My Hands.  Free and open to the public.
More info: http://www.wsherc.org/news/news.aspx.

Teacher Seminar

Change Begins With Me: Teaching About the Holocaust

Keynote - Jeannie Opdyke Smith

November 15, 2013  |  East Valley Middle School, Spokane

Sessions include: Rise of the Nazi Party, Rescue and Resistance, Best
Practices, and keynote: Jeannie Smith, who will share her mother's
courageous story of rescuing Jewish people in Poland.   $20 registration
fee.  Lunch and clock hours provided.  More info and to register -
http://www.wsherc.org/news/news.aspx.

Thank you,

Ilana

Ilana Cone Kennedy
Director of Education
Washington State Holocaust Education Resource Center
ila...@wsherc.org | 206-774-2201 | www.wsherc.org

<https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Washington-State-Holocaust-Education-Reso
urce-Center/140140310737> facebook_logo(2)
<https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Washington-State-Holocaust-Education-Reso
urce-Center/140140310737> Like us on Facebook!

<<image002.jpg>>