I haven't had much of a look at the new CKEditor version but I was mightily
impressed with the initial glance I had at it when he first released it. It
looks like a *major* improvement on the original fckeditor. Cleaner code, more
accessible and easier, cleaner ability to add plugins. If I was starting a new
project that required a WYSWYG editor this would most certainly be the first on
my list to evaluate.

I've spent the last couple of years wrestling with tinymce which used to be my
editor of choice until I had to start writing proper plugins for it. It was an
impressive offering 4-5 years ago and as a straight 'drop in' product it's
still amazing, but given the leaps and bounds javascript has made in the last
couple of years I simply can't recommend it anymore with a clear conscience. If
you do know your way around javascript you'll find hacking tinymce to do what
you want a frustrating experience. If you don't know your way around javascript
then basically you won't be able to hack around under the hood of tinymce at
all.

The only other editor I've looked at recently that I thought I'd be interested
in was wymditor (http://www.wymeditor.org/) which is a 'what you see is what
you mean' editor and may not be what some people require, but it is built on
jquery (which should theoretically make extending it easier) and it does look
quite nicely and cleanly done.

Hope some of that helps.

(Hi to the mailing list by the way, this is my first post since I joined, look
forward to engaging with you all)

Cheers,
Sam Dwyer

The information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential and
may contain legally privileged or copyright material.   It is intended only for
the use of the addressee(s).  If you are not the intended recipient of this
email, you are not permitted to disseminate, distribute or copy this email or
any attachments.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system.  The ABC does not
represent or warrant that this transmission is secure or virus free.   Before
opening any attachment you should check for viruses.  The ABC's liability is
limited to resupplying any email and attachments.