Given the recent discussion on definition list, maybe you could build it
with those as an alternative?

Well, thanks for the suggestion but as I know what happens with definition lists in e.g. Google (try search for "define: css" and you'll see), I wouldn't want my calendar being indexed as "Definitions of Monday on the Web:" and "Meeting with friends at local pub" as a description... I might be stubborn about this, but I just can't find The Argument for switching to <dl>s instead of, well, wrapping it in a <div> or something.

cheers,

/Anton
--
What your <body> lacks, your <head> compensates.