Can anyone point me to a resource or let me know if it is possible to have
a two column layout and have one of them fixed when the page is scrolled in
Internet Explorer.

I am aware that "position: fixed" works in CSS 2 supported browsers but IE
doesn't recognise this.

I have seen some javascript API's that do something similar but want to try
and avoid API's if I can.

I have also tried this hack

html
{
overflow: hidden;
}
body
{
height: 100%;
overflow: auto;
}

but there is some strange behaviour with the browser scroll bars floating
below the content and the browser scrollbars now appear when the page is
printed.

I also looked at "left: expression(document.body.scrollLeft + offsetWidth -
offsetWidth + 625);" and the equivalent "top" property for IE browsers but
the div still flickers.

So if anyone has any other suggestions that would be great.

David Marsh
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.marshy.com/