Is that why when you close a form </form>
it leaves a gap...
that ALWAYS annoyed me sooo much!

Its only in IE - well as far as i know...
Chris Stratford
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Http://www.neester.com

russ weakley wrote:
Michael,

Haven't looked but it may be a simple Win/IE6 carriage return bug. It seems
that Win/IE is the only browser that renders carriage returns or line feeds
as whitespace directly before a closing containing element:
http://www.maxdesign.com.au/presentation/mystery/

Two things to try if this is the case.

1. move the end div up onto the same line as the image
... width="586" height="183" border="0" /></div>

2. add a single CSS declaration to the banner rule set
 #Banner {
    width: 586px;
    height: 183px;
    padding: 0px;
    border-left-style: none;
    border-right-style: none;
    border: 5px solid black;
    margin: 0px 0px 12px 0px;
    border-right-width: 0px;
    border-left-width: 0px;
}

Add a new declaration:
     font-size: 1px;

My weird theory is that this makes the carriage return small enough that it
cannot be seen.

HTH
Russ

A guy on a message board I mod is having some issues with IE6 Win and
his layout.  Anyone with IE6Win care to take a look.  I tried a few
things with no luck, doesn't seem to be the PHP rotator causing issues
but the image itself.

Thanks, MD

here is the website: hippopocampe.org
here is the css: hippopocampe.org/styles-site.css

in IE6 in Windows, the bottom border of the main image header (the
rotate.php) is off 5 pixels like if the image had a 5 pixel
bottom-padding. But it hasn't. That affects the header but also the
'main' section, as it too is 5 pixels off. Any suggestions for a
workaround?