Mike - hilarious! I freaked out there for a sec!!

Never fear, there a plenty of sites online that I hate and loathe too. Todd Dominey and whatdoiknow.org - the guy is a sensitive designer AND can program (it makes me sick!) ... www.jasonsantamaria.com ... damn, I've had that idea for ages and he goes and does it perfectly! Well, I could go on and on ... there's always someone better out there. And if you really want a kick in the face, just pick up a design annual. Argh!

BTW, I was designing for many years before I started making sites - that helps. Back in college I had stuff like using white space etc. pounded into us. For inspiration, look at traditional design as well as other websites.

Thanks mate! It's a great pleasure to give someone else the same reaction I always have! ;)
Peter