Neerav> I have always written standards compliant css for a site around a
Neerav> clients recommendations as to colours and position of logos etc. Now
Neerav> I've been asked:

Neerav> "You'd be fine doing the templates from supplied photoshop files?"

Neerav> I guess this would mean replicating the look of a PSD file with css
Neerav> code? Would this kind of client expect standards compliant css or rigid
Neerav> "WYSIWYG works in IE code", any tips to ensure that the result will be
Neerav> decent css are appreciated.

Ask them and see! :) Seriously.

Actually, it can be an issue with deeper pitfalls. Who's your client?
A designer/design company, or the actual "end client"? There's a
difference. What might be ok to an end client might not be acceptable
to a designer, and vice-versa. You may need to make decisions about what
to do depending on the (small "p") politics of the job. Who's paying
you in other words!

We routinely write standards compliant CSS sites based on
photoshop/fireworks layouts supplied by design companies.
Off the top of my head, some things you may need to sort out with the
designer:

:: is it a fluid or fixed-width layout?
:: do you use fonts or images for navigation?
:: do elements on the page have to be exactly the pixels apart shown
in the design, or do you have some flexibility there?
:: is it clear from the design what elements are heading elements -
h1, h2, etc?

HTH

Regards

Mike Brown

====================================
SIGNIFY :: the logic behind
====================================
ph: +64 4 803-3211  |  fax: +64 4 803-3241
mob: +64 0274 885-992 | http://www.signify.co.nz
P.O. Box 24-068, Manners St, Wellington
Level 8, CMC Building, 89 Courtenay Pl, Wellington

This communication, including any attachment, is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete/destroy this communication; you may
not read and must not copy, send on or retain any
part of this communication. Please do not disclose to
any third party anything about this communication.