Hi Hugh!

Now that it seems Opera is back in town for the Mac, with its 7.5 beta, has anyone come across any more current info on stats for this browser?

I looked at several stats and Opera has something between 1% and 8% marketshare. The 8%-Value is from a german newsite where IE has only 55% and Mozilla gets 35%, not the standard share I'd say.

Personally, I use Opera 7.23 for browsing, mail and - most importantly - website development. To be honest, it wouldn't be a big difference to me if I checked my pages in the latest Firefox or Mozilla as those interpret CSS the standard way. I have to say: If your site looks good in Firefox AND validates, Opera won't choke at all. Thinking of it, I don't know any major flaw in Operas way of interptreting CSS 2.0. Besides, as IE keeps me away from the more sophisticated things, Opera is no problem at all.

Regards
--
Matthias <http://www.kronn.de>