[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I've tested the webpage on 3 differnet monitor on anything from 800X600 up.
> I've also tested it in Netscape, IE, Opera and FireFox. I noticed the
> Gecko browsers did display the font fairly small.

If you are on windoze and seeing Gecko at default 16px rendering these
sizes smaller than IE, then you are using either IE5 or IE4, or you are
using IE6 in quirks mode, which renders the same as IE4 & IE5 (these
only have quirks mode regardless of doctype).

In standards mode, IE6 matches Gecko, as long as you are using the
standard 96 DPI windoze "small fonts" system setting. Gecko is not
impacted by changing the windoze system font size/DPI, while IE is,
which makes everything in relative sizes larger, as that's why one
chooses something other than "small fonts" as the system setting.

> I chose Verdana as it is
> very clean for both print and display.

More about Verdana:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html
--
"Surely God would not have created such a being as man to exist only
a day! No, no, man was made for immortality."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/