From: Mkear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 12 May 2004 11:18 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [WSG] Launched my third xhtml site!!

I'm really thrilled to have launched my third xhtml site today.   This one's
been nearly a year in the making, and it used old table-based layout
techniques at the start, and I've had to build my own chopping cart, content
management system,  and it's on its third go-round now even as it's opened.

But I'm chuffed, that I've managed to build the site without having to
compromise the CSS and xhtml.  The underlying ColdFusion code is less than
half the size of the first version I build nearly a year ago, since I've
learned from this group as I've gone along.   I'm now creating pages and
applications in ColdFusion in a fraction of the time it used to take me, and
I know I can make mods quickly and far more easily than I would have in the
first version of this site.

Now if only I can get the client to update the news page from the
gobbledegook I put there in the demo version of the site.  <g>

I'd be interested in your thoughts, but please if you're going to play with
the shopping cart, please dont actually send off  your order - I don't want
my client getting a heart attack with the excitement of getting a whole
bunch of orders on his first day, only to find they're not real orders.

The site is at http://auslegs.com.au

Cheers
Mike Kear
AFP Webworks
Windsor, NSW, Australia
http://afpwebworks.com

Message sent using UebiMiau 2.7.2

Register now for the 3rd National Conference on Tourism Futures, being held in
Townsville, North Queensland 4-6 August - www.tq.com.au/tfconf