Hugh,

Anyone at Apple reading this? I'd imagine that if the web engine is already installed on Windows computers with iTunes (like all HP machines from June this year), all that would be needed would be a tiny download of a Safari GUI. (I imagine this because I'm not a programmer!)

you are largely right it would be a small download, with the engine already installed
this is probably getting a little OT :-/ but iTunes actually implements a lot of the Mac OS X UI on windows.

If they were being strategic about this my guess is that they would wait until there were say 50 million installed iTunes, then go for it with that large installed user base.

I am sure they have thought about it, just not sure what they do think about it.

I am pretty sure what MS might think about it :-)

john

John Allsopp

:: westciv :: http://www.westciv.com/
        software, courses, resources for a standards based web
:: style master blog :: http://westciv.typepad.com/dog_or_higher/
:: webessentials Sept 30 - October 1 2004 Sydney Australia