On 5/31/04 6:19 PM "Kay Smoljak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent this out:

>> That's known as price-fixing here in the US and that is illegal.
>
> That's not true. Discussing going rates in various countries is not
> price-fixing. A group of people agreeing to only charge a certain rate is
> price-fixing. This is having less and less to do with web standards.

So what would be the effect of discussing the prices, if not for everyone to
charge about the same?

Between countries I guess is slightly different, but if it's discussion
between US developers re: developers in the US, and on a public list
(especially if it's a developers' list), then that is price fixing.

I can get you a legal opinion if you wish.

Rick Faaberg