Title: RE: [WSG] Redesigning smh.com.au & theage.com.au with css

>> Nancy wrote:
>> This seemed like a very interesting meeting,
>> would it be possible to publish the actual CSS files?

Hi Nancy, thanks for yr interest :)
By 'actual CSS files' I assume you mean for the sites discussed - smh.com.au & theage.com.au..?
Point your browser in the direction of those URL's and dig away :)
I should mention, in a recent development (since the presentation), we've inlined the CSS on the homepage - primarily for performance issues. Granted the nature of CSS makes so much more sense when it comes from a central linked file/s - but the situation with these news sites and the amount of sustained traffic they get at peak periods meant inlining the CSS made a noticeable difference in load time over a modem (and even a small difference could be observed over a network connection). All other pages (articles etc) have a linked css file as normal.

pete

Peter Ottery
Head of Design
f2 Network