From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 25 August 2004 07:38
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [WSG] Absolute positioning vs floats

I noticed someone made the comment that the preferred floats to absolute positioning.

I have just created a new design using absolute positioning. It 'seems' to work across
IE, Mozilla, Opera and latest Netscape (I'm trying to forget about NS4.7).

But what is the consensus amongst my esteemed colleagues here? Am I walking into a
trap? Are there flaws in absolute positioning so terrible that something will break
dreadfully somewhere?

AS

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
 Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004

the system manager.
www.mimesweeper.com