Amit

It's a list of information for the user. You can use floats to turn on/off horizontal/vertical display of the list. You'll have much more control over the list display than with a br

Also, you should move the pipes within an li tag or use the li or <a> border to act as the delimiter so a screen reader won't pick it up and say "pipe" or whatever (I think that's right?) . As an aside it's a good idea to watch that the characters # and | in that order :D You never know what the screen reader might say..

Also Also watch the "" in footer.

Cheers
James

Amit Karmakar wrote:
Apologies if this has been discussed before.

What is better in terms of semantics and accessibility?

stuff too | more stuff again</p>

or

Obviously the first one uses a <br /> to differentiate 2 lines, which
I am sure can be done many other ways too.

The second method in my opinion has more control over the information
used more in the content area instead of footers.

Would appreciate your feedback on this.
Regards,
Amit Karmakar
http://karmakars.com

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
 Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004