Based on this, I personally think that <dl>s can be used for nearly any situation where you need to show a sort of parent/child relationship within a list of items, while still being semantically sound. It's also a lot quicker than doing something like:

<ul>
<li>
 <h2><a href="cow_jumps_over_moon.html" ... >Cow jumps over moon</a></h2>
</li>
<li>
 <h2><a href="dish_spoon.html" ... >Dish runs away with spoon</a></h2>
</li>
</ul>

And also quite a bit more elegant, IMO.

Cheers,
Cam

Nick Lo wrote:

Pondering over this one:

I'm presuming a list of links with their short intros like e.g. news articles:

<dl>
<dd>An unnamed cow has been seen jumping over the moon say residents...</dd>
<dd>The mystery continues as crockery takes to the streets...</dd>
</dl>

Works as a definition list in a semantically comforting way? Am I wrong?

Thanks,

Nick

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/