Will do Mike. Thanks for the constructive criticism. I'll delete the full screen.
Good suggestion.

Shane Helm

On Oct 16, 2004, at 6:43 PM, Michael Allan wrote:

On Saturday, October 16, 2004, at 03:13  PM, Shane Helm wrote:

If others have solved your float problem Shane, can I suggest that you don't insist that the window resize itself to full-screen? I'm lucky enough to have a large screen (20" Apple Cinema Display, running at 1680 x 1050), like a small but presumably growing proportion of web users, and I just *don't* need to see that much of your repeating background ;-) I do however want to see the windows and applications I've got running behind my browser. To make the behaviour worse, Firefox places the resize tab *below* the window edge and out of reach, which is a pain to say the least. I'm sure you don't want to spoil the impression such a beautiful site makes on your visitors by instructing it to behaviour rudely in their environment. :o)

Sorry for posting slightly off-topic, but I believe it's in keeping with the standards spirit of providing an equally enjoyable experience for every user.

Cheers,
Mike

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/