RE: [WSG] Embed tag, and web standards

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 08:32:45 -0700

Hi Sajith,

You'll find that there isn't currently a method for insetting Flash or other media
that:
1. Validates to XHTML
2. Displays reliably cross browser, cross platform.

Currently the best advice is to validate media content pages as HTML v4 transitional.
The other option, which is cheating, is to use JavaScript to write the object / embed
elements into the HTML.
The page validates but the code is not valid.

Hope that helps.

mike 2k:)2

<marquee><blink>
   e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   site: http://www.webSemantics.co.uk
</marquee></blink>

-----Original Message-----
From: Sajith A [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 October 2004 14:51
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [WSG] Embed tag, <object> and web standards

Hello
Jaime of sodesires told me about this site and nice to see that a lot of healthy
discussion is going on here.

I came to know about web standards very recently and i'm trying to do a site
implementing it. In one of the pages i have to play windows and real media and for
supported by w3c and object tag alone didn't  display the player for me in mozilla. I
found a similar issue solved for flash at alistapart.com. Has anyone ecountered this
before for media players.

Any suggestions/help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and consideration

the system manager.
www.mimesweeper.com