Genau,

I would say that the old rule of thumb still applies... that to be polite to all users of your site, including those on slower dial-up connections, your *total* data size for a page (css + html + images) should be no larger than 30KB.

You need to take into account, too, the images called on by your CSS, which add to the data load.

Having said this, though, one of the beauties of CSS is that it is cached by the browser (along with any displayed images), so if you think you can get away with requiring people to wait for an initial page, subsequent pages will be a lot faster.

-Hugh Todd

I would like to know, how is the max size of a .css file for a website with a plenty of functionalities and different style pages.
I know that this is a hard question, but some people may have a different poit of view about an accetable size for loading a .css file.

30kb , for example, is a accetable css file size?