From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Hugh Todd
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 3:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [WSG] site layout problems, specifically in Mac IE

Craig,

The main issue would appear to be as follows:

Mac IE 5 wrongly clears floats inside clearing block elements, and you
can't fix it with "clear:none;".

The easy way to solve it is to add a standalone clearer to your HTML
(say after a navigation bar that you need to clear). It may need to be
a full div. Not ideal, but it does the trick.

For more info, see
http://www.macedition.com/cb/ie5macbugs/#floatclearbug , as well as the
entry it links to from Philippe Wittenbergh.

Hope this helps. (If this message looks familiar, it's another cut and
paste from a posting some time ago.)

-Hugh Todd