On 26 Oct 2004, at 9:37 AM, Natalie Buxton wrote:

Woe is me. It's busted big time. And for the life of me I cannot work
out which CSS rules Safari and IE Mac are refusing to honour.

Two things:

In IE the navigation bar is sitting wrong.
In Safari it's the entire layout is busted big time.

Natalie, I found that changing #container {background-position: 41px top;} to #container {background-position: top center;} fixed the banner in Safari 1.2.2, FF0.9.1, IE5.2.3 on Mac and appears good in IE6Win.

I have to say I think IE's rendering of your page is worse than Safari's - although you may be looking at Safari v1/1.1?

Check out Phillipe's excellent repository of MacIE Oddities at <http://www.l-c-n.com/IE5tests/> - if you haven't already - although I know it's hard to test if you don't have one...

I need sleep before I can tackle IEMac, sorry...

Omnivision. Websight.
http://www.omnivision.com.au/