From: Steven C. Perkins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 6:59 PM
To: Ted Drake; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [WSG] dublin core and search engines

Hello:

Actually there is an academic study of the use of DC metatags on web
pages and the ranks of those pages in search engine results.  I am
searching for the citation and will send it when I find it.

The basic answer is it depends on the search engine, but in the majority
of cases, it did raise the rank of the page.  In one instance it
decreased the rank.  I don't remember if the exact metadata was given, so
I can't say if the decrease was a result of poor choice of metatags.  I'd
use them.

Regards,

Steven C. Perkins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]