Hi JuliÃn,

We have issues in New Zealand with words in MÄori.  In government we
are required to use macrons to indicate a long vowel sound in MÄori
words.  The way we do it is to use UTF-8 as the document character set
encoded in 7-bit ASCII.  More info is available here:
http://www.tpk.govt.nz/using/macron_paper/index.html

For older/non-utf-8 capable browsers there are a couple of server
components that translates them back to the nearest ASCII character.
(http://tinyurl.com/3vw5v) although I think these only work for the 5
vowels.  They are GPL licenced so I guess they could be extended if
you needed

Joe

Gmail invites - just ask nicely