G'day

>>  Incidentally, when I went to the site in MSIE, it asked me what program
>>  wanted to open the page with, rather than displaying it. Probably
related
>>  to your Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml

> Really? What version of MSIE do you have?  I've loaded it many times in
mine (6) and I've never gotten that.

MSIE 6.0.2800.1106IC  - fully patched but otherwise stock-standard (no
plug-ins, not even a Flash player).

I don't get this problem on other sites, so it's possibly something to do
with the MathML or application/xhtml+xml (if you're feeding that to MSIE).
I get a "download" dialog box in MSIE.  Perhaps you have a plug-in of some
sort installed for the MathML (which the vast majority of people would not
have) so it displays fine for you.

Extract from http://www.w3.org/Math/implementations.html :  "Viewing web
pages containing MathML requires a browser that can display MathML.
Currently, only Netscape, Mozilla and Amaya can display MathML directly. If
you use Microsoft's Internet Explorer, the best solution for MathML display
is Design Science MathPlayer."

Also, if I go to the Quiz #1 page, in  Firefox (1.0), I am told to install
additional fonts.  In Opera (7.54), on that same page, I see a lot of
code/Markup and get a message that XML Parsing Failed.

Regards
--
Bert Doorn, Web Developer
Better Web Design