Interesting solution you have come up with here, however, thinking validation versus functionality here, this is the same idea of a 'catch-all' handling, however, I am not sure that your script linked to this can give both on-click and on key press to the user can it?

If so I would love to see an example of your code, or even better in a working page somewhere :)

Earlier posts gave notes on why onkeypress is undesirable for people who navigate with keyboards, so I won't address that.

A working, valid, example and tutorial on how to markup your link for xhtml-valid new windows and use javascript to apply behavior is here:

http://www.sitepoint.com/article/standards-compliant-world

I suspect his code would be better if it attached an onclick handler instead of modifying the link.target attribute (the valid DOM attribute, not the invalid xhtml attribute).

--

        Ben Curtis
        WebSciences International

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/