Chris Kennon wrote:

Any suggestions on bringing the file size down? I've tried interlacing the .gif the current size is the lowest without image degradation.

Just for comparison, I took the image into PaintShopPro (yes, I'm too cheap to own Photoshop right now) and saved the image in JPEG format at 10% compression. I noticed no image degradation, but the file size dropped from 289K to 125K. (PNG was not much better than GIF in file size). Dunno if you wanted to go that route, but any large images I use on my site are first saved in both formats to determine the best choice (once in a while, GIF is smaller than JPG). _____

Charles Martin
http://www.webcudgel.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/