Miles Tillinger wrote:

However in situations where the path is extremely long the list will not
wrap and breaks my layout, so I've had to float the div so it will wrap.
This in turn causes problems with the title if the path information goes
beyond one line.

I checked both Firefox 1.0 and IE6 and I didn't see the problem. In both cases the path wrapped. I did noticed the when the menu above the path wraps, it breaks the logo. The easiest way to solve that is not to use a split image.

Another problem I notices was that the page didn't validate. While it was a relatively minor error and probably has nothing to do with the reported problem, before asking for help you really should try to make sure the page does validate.