Patrick wrote:
> doesn't work all the time, but as a general rule: when you have this
> type of inconsistencies, try and be very specific with regards to all
> margins and paddings. Otherwise, you're leaving the ones you don't
> specify up to the rendering engine's default, which may well vary from
> browser to browser.

In this instance, all the padding, margin, border, etc. were initially set
to zero so that shouldn't be the cause here. In the end I couldn't find the
cause of this IE issue, so I've gone with a table. I can always have it
changed if I discover the cause and a fix.

Thanks for your help everyone.

All the best,

--
Ian Fenn