From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Devendra Shrikhande
Sent: 09 February 2005 22:27
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: RE: [WSG] Not and IE bug?...follow up difference why a difference
between IDs and classes?

I thought I should pick up on the comment by Peter and ask one of my many
newbie questions... What is the advantage of the fact that IDs must be
unique on a page? I am aware of the circumstance that if you need to
"repeat" an ID, set is as a class, but have still not figured out the
advantage of an ID.

Apologies if this question is not appropriate for this list and should be
directed more to a CSS-specific list.

¤ devendra ¤