Thanks Peter, I'll check it out!

On 9-Feb-05, at 5:12 PM, Peter Asquith wrote:

Hi Peter

Peter Flaschner wrote:
Well, the clearing didn't do it. At least not as I understand it.

If you're following the lead of the page you mentioned, you will find removing the

        overflow: hidden;

line from the style sheet should solve your problem. By setting the height to zero and then hiding the overflow you're effectively removing the clearer block from the page layout. Setting visibility to hidden, on the other hand, allows the block to take its specified position and size but not be rendered by the browser. I.e. it still takes up the space it would have.

I note, too, that your example page contains multiple elements sharing the same ID. IDs must be unique for a given page.

Cheers
Peter

--
Peter Asquith