Alan Trick wrote:
I remember that when I was first writing web pages and going over the
basic html tutorials a few months ago they taught me nothing about
standards, doctypes, separation of style from content, and all that
good stuff that makes my life so much easier now adays.  My brother
is tring to enter the land of web design now and as far as I know, he
doesn't even now css exists.  I'm familiar with w3schools, but I'm
wondering if there are any better turtorials around for doing xhtml,
css, ecmascript, and teach good web design habbits.
-Alan Trick

I followed http://www.htmldog.com tutorials on xhtml and css. There was a bit about doctype etc.

--
Mvh/Regards