Hi Rick,

To kick off with an example would anyone say to a client "We should
probably call this "Contact Us" as everyone expects and homes in on
that wording when they need make contact"

I think that becomes absurd really quick, and ultimately leads to software
creating websites with no human intervention required. :-(

Hey that would be GREAT then I could actually go out and enjoy the sun that is shining so nicely outside my window!

Seriously though I think that's carrying it a bit far as of course each site has it's own characteristics and it is common practice to establish naming conventions in websites as it is in programming. I suppose I was alluding to those common not just within a project or market but generally recognised too. Maybe this could result in a reference list of the most commonly recognised naming conventions ...I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Nick