What you may want to do is insted of the displaying that logo, use the smaller ones, like the ones at the bottom of this (http://plone.org/) page.

Also, this is off-topic, but the page displays an 'Invalid Security' image with a link to http://www.statcounter.com/ when javascript is turned off.

designer wrote:

Stephen,

Until recently, my feelings were precisely as expressed in your third
paragraph!

However, I just upgraded a website for a holiday business, and I explained
to the owner that it was now done to standards and all that stuff. It meant
zero to her, but at least she could appreciate that she/they were getting
'something extra', to the point, in fact, that she expressed the great
desire to display some recognition of this fact actually on the site. I
explained about the logos and their presence/visibility on the site was
insisted upon!

I presume this was because they may produce a sense of 'one-upmanship on the
competition, or maybe just to advertise a quality thing. I dunno.

You can see what I did at www.raintreehouse.co.uk - they are on p2. You'll
notice that I didn't actually make the logos a link, because that would be
pushing geekiness too far. Perhaps we need a simple page to link to,
explaining what standards are for, in terms that the non-tech viewer can
appreciate?

Just thinking out loud, really . . .

Bob McClelland,
Cornwall (U.K.)