> - How will a seach engine index those links.

> Well.

I was more meaning the lack of anchor text to give the likes of Google
some juicy words to associate with your website.

I don't claim this to be a definitive source, but for example, from:
http://developers.evrsoft.com/article/internet-marketing/link-developmen
t/links-and-link-building-with-google.shtml

Anchor text

This is becoming ever more important- some say THE most important
feature. The use of anchor text is one the biggest boosters to keyword
searches.
Consider the following: -

A) To visit our partner Domain names partner <a>click here</a>
B) Click here: <a>Domain Names</a> to visit our partner.

Which is the best? Assuming the pages are otherwise the same Page Rank
wise?

B) Is clearly better because the search engine now associates
(http://www.discountdomainsuk.com) with the phrase domain names (the top
phrase in the domain name market) with the site rather than the word
"here".