Hmm interesting.

There is no right or wrong way to do these as far as I'm aware.

I use one definition per line, in a standard order (ish), all in short form.
I find it easier to scan down the page for class or id, then across for the
property and value.

Currently I'm thinking of separating colour from the standard sheet.
But only because we have a very large site and colour is used to indicate
sub-sections.

/* /folder/filename.css */

/* Browser & platform leveller */

    * {margin:0; border:0 solid; padding:0; font:100.1% Verdana, Helvetica,
sans-serif}
    html {height:100%}
    body {width:???; min-height:101%; background:#fff; color:#000; margin:0
auto; text-align:center}

/* Element styling - font-sizing should go no further than this section */
    /* block */
    /* links */
    /* lists */
    /* form */
        /* inputs assigned a class equivalent to type */

/* Global class styling */
    .warning
    .sorry
    .autowide
    .left
    .center
    .right

/* id block styling - in the order they appear on the page */

    #accessibility
    #banner
    #search
    #breadcrumb
    #container
    #navigation

    /* content specific area */
        #content
    /* content specific area */

    #footer

/* late additions are added at the end with author / date / page details */

 Mike Foskett
 Web Standards, Accessibility & Testing Consultant
 Multimedia Publishing and Production
 British Educational Communications and Technology Agency (Becta)
 Milburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry CV4 7JJ
 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Tel:  02476 416994  Ext 3342 [Tuesday - Thursday]
 Fax: 02476 411410
 www.becta.org.uk